Sunday, September 13, 2009

September Socks

"Fear less, hope more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours."
Swedish Proverb
Great news...my biopsies are all negative!
My September socks, Lilac Seeds. Made from another beautifully dyed yarn by Qutecowgirl. These took me forever and I even tinked the whole first sock. That means I actually knitted three socks. I changed the band up a little to make it wider.
Milkweed Shawl. I made this while I was down in Florida, it just took me a little time to block it and then to take pictures. Another great Alpaca-Merino blend hand dyed by Qutecowgirl. This was a breeze to knit.
And now....for the unblocked state:
I read something interesting just before I blocked this, tuck the ends in after you block it....I did! I am just thrilled with the way it turned out and how soft it is.
This lovely basket was a thrift find. I prefer to think the animals are not giraffes as my daughter thinks, but llamas or alpacas.
This is replacing the little basket next to my rocker to hold my socks that I work on at home. No way will it replace the cute sock bag my friend made for me that lives in my car for doctor's appointments and just general waiting time anywhere.
Back to my KoolAid dyed yarns. This is another attempt to come up with something I like.
This one is definitely interesting, but I am not sure I will like it as much as I like the ones I get from Qutecowgirl. Maybe I should just leave the dyeing to her.

1 comment:

Kimmi said...

So glad that your biopsies are negative! And definitely llamas!