Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Day In May

"An optimist is the human personification of spring."
- Susan J. Bissonette

My family really needs Spring this year. I am not sure how it happened, really. April got away from me. There were bad, bad things, and good, good things. Sometimes the bad steals your breath away and the spinning takes a while to slow so you can understand, and sometimes the good brings tears. The little sign above came to me by way of Brenda and brought tears, thank you, Brenda. Check out the Wool Crazy blog.
Tres Trax Socks by Kay Redding were finished a while ago and I have even been wearing them. Qutecowgirl's beautiful yarns always get compliments, always. This yarn is called First Time and was great to work with. I worked on these while my 5 year old Granddaughter was in the hospital having her tonsils out. I tell you, she bounced right back. Tonsils out at 8:00 AM, corndogs at noon. Little kids are made out of rubber, so says my boss!

Hard to see in the pictures, but there are three tracks (hence Tres Trax I believe) of garter every so often.
My favorite model's new Reading Mitts, that have also been done for forever. Her office is always so cold she asked for a pair of her own.
I finished Brandywine, I am having trouble getting good pictures and it does need to be blocked. Maybe soon.

No comments: