Sunday, February 28, 2016

Flowers don't bloom where no seeds have been planted. If you want kindness, be kind. If you want acceptance, be accepting. If you want encouragement, be encouraging. If you want forgiveness, be forgiving. If you want love, be loving. If you want respect, be respectful. We should not expect from others what we fail to give to them.

 Tom Krause

A friend gave me this young bulb last summer, it was left outside after the first few frosts.  I thought it was dead, but brought it in anyway and my man closed it up in a cardboard box.  My dear husband checked it for me every time he watered the lemon and lime trees.  It threw up three tiny leaves, we put it in the sun. It has four blossoms.  I have never had one rebloom before.
Today, we enjoyed weather in the 60s, in February.  In celebration, my Granddaughter and I planted amazing tulip bulbs.  Granted, I began and my hands would not cooperate.  I gave instructions and she did a fantastic job.  I am very proud of her!  My dear husband gets credit for the soil work.
I hope we really will have an early Spring.  The hellebores are not blooming yet but we have tulips and daffodils are coming up.  The fig tree, as well as the cherry and peach are pliable.  Chives, all three kinds, are coming up, the cats have catnip coming up.  I am wondering if I will be able to garden this year.  Need to be stronger.

No comments: