Saturday, October 18, 2008


We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.
~Frank A. Clark

I could not find a more appropriate quote with the upcoming election. My daughter and I are voting for different people, but that is what freedom is all about. I am knitting the house socks for her.
Another Friday spent thrifting with my friend Penny. You would think this was the norm, but that could not be farther from the truth. I have just been very lucky to do this two weeks in a row. We started early and went to several places as well as lunch. It is great to have a friend who enjoys searching through another man's junk to find the few treasures buried out there.

My Grandparents got me started collecting shells when I was very young. I can never pass up good deals. Penny has been sprinkling them out among her miniature roses in the small bed in her back yard. These little shell balls are adorable. I have no clue how the lady made them or even what she used them for....I think I will use them as plant buddies for right now. They are light weight. The doily under them was a thrift store find, too.


I collect heart shaped rocks when I am walking. The little one bottom left hand corner was in the Black Hills when Bruce and I were walking along Needles Highway. It appears to have a little rose quartz in it.

No comments: