Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Ignored

"Don't blow it - good planets are hard to find."
~Quoted in Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zNwWrtVoCI&feature=related

This year I have taken the handmade pledge. I know I will not be 100% successful, but I am striving for 80% with improvement next year and more every year after that. I want my Grandchildren to see the things I have in my lifetime. How sad if they take all the trees and put them in a tree museum. I found it! I found it! It took going through several...okay....many journals. I got to see my children at a younger time. I got to read the obits clipped from newspapers of the people that I have loved who passed on. There are recipes I had forgotten about and pictures clipped from magazines that I wanted to try in my house or yard. There were literally armloads of quotes like the one you see at the top of the post. My sister shared this recipe with me quite a long time ago. It really is a great recipe. I figured if I posted it here, it would be around a while and easily accessible. Give it a try, it really is very good.

On a bright note, my port and stitches came out today and I learned I truly am a big girl....it didn't even hurt. I do have the most awesome Dr. in the world. I should have asked for a sticker! As I told my Dad, Lord knows I don't need a sucker.

No comments: