Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

"We can always find something to be thankful for, no matter what may be the burden of our wants, or the special subject of our petitions."
Albert Barnes

My daughter has chosen, through her workplace, to help a familyof six with Christmas. All the needs have been met, but she wanted to do a little extra. Today, she and I tied a fleece blanket for the two year old in the family. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of her.

FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:

1. The love and health of my family and friends, most especially that both of my parents are still with us after the events of the last month.

2. That I am truly blessed to have such a good man in my life.

3. That the people I love all have a job and a roof over their heads and food on their table. There may not always be excess, but thank God there is always enough.

4. That my son is not in the desert right now and is able to spend the holidays this year with his wonderful wife and beautiful kids. That is not always the case.

5. That I have an abundance of great quality time with my daughter and granddaughter.

Okay.....an unofficial number 6....The Eagles played an awesome game! During the game I said if they didn't keep playing the way they did tonight, the only way they would be going to the Superbowl would be as........before I could say as a wild card, my daughter said as spectators.....:(

May your Thanksgiving be filled with love, happiness, and peace. May God bless our troops, each and every one of them a hero, who cannot be home with their loved ones.

It is a tradition in our familyto go around the table so each person can tell the things they are greatful for. It was my four year old granddaughter's turn. She said she was greatful for her duckie (he is no longer yellow and has one eye a little mealted from the dryer). She was greatful for her kitties and her grandma ( I just beamed!). She was greatful for her toy and grass and helmets. She said "GO EAGLES!!!!

No comments: