Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Beauties

Rarely do great beauty and great virtue dwell together.
PETRARCH
Not too long ago, I was lucky enough to meet a wonderful young woman named Lauren and she has a shop on Etsy. I purchased one of her necklaces made from a domino. Her work is very unique and very beautiful. Her tin boxes are oh so cute! I have spoken to her and she is making a special one for me with a fat cat, I can't wait to show you when it gets here. I will be using mine as a mini binding kit. I will put a piece of felted wool inside for pins and needles, as well as a tiny pair of scissors and a few binding clips. For those of you who work with felted wool applique, this would make a great "tool" kit for on the road. I will be buying several from her for Christmas gifts for my quilting friends, they will hold scratch lottery tickets beautifully and fit my handmade challenge pledge. Check her out, she is on my artisan list on the right side of the blog. Tell her I said hi! Ask her about her banners, too.

No comments: