Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Without Football

I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
Douglas Adams

One of my passions is thrifting and finding a great piece of discarded jewelry that I can turn into something new that will be loved and used. These little stitch markers, all 30, came from an ankle bracelet. they will be perfect for lace. They happen to be laying on my current sweater. The sleeve is progressing. I had to put it down for a while to get my Christmas knitting done.
How about a hand thrown pottery bowl and plate (reclaimed from a thrift store) with some pretty, blue, reclaimed wool, all beautifully wound by the woman who reclaimed it, forgottenfleece. She generously offered to wind ths lace weight for free. There are hundreds of yards, plenty for about any shawl I choose.
This cute little pillow was made by a good friend named Blyn several years ago. So wonderful that I thought you might like to see it. It is special to me because my Grandmother had a pear tree in her yard and I remember her pear jam very fondly. It is my brother John's favorite.

Why no football, you ask? We no longer have TV. We gave it up about 6 weeks ago and really haven't missed it very much.....well....except for my Eagles.

1 comment:

Cath's Pennies Designs said...

That little hand thrown bowl and plate are a great find. I too would've grabbed that right up had I found it while thrifting. That wool yarn must have taken an incredible amount of time to wind. Lucky you ... it looks lovely!
Cathy