Sunday, July 15, 2012

“SABLE- A common knitting acronym that stands for Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy.”

― Stephanie Pearl-McPhee


My dear Bruce gave me some wonderful yarn for Christmas.  Since it was his gift to me, the finish product would also be for me.  I labored over patterns and scrolled through Ravelry, looking for just the most perfect thing....for me.  And I realized, it was meant to be the Brandywine shawl I have made for others.  Now I have my own!  (Did I mention it will be triple digits outside here today?)  I love the colors in this yarn.  He did tremendous!!!  As I have said many times, he is a keeper.
Catching up and showing you some things I have finished since last we spoke.  Just a few of them.  Socks for my friend Marge.  She is one of those people you love to knit for, one who gets excited.
The smile on my physical therapist's face definitely made me feel like I had done right. I was thrilled she liked her socks. She is the reason I still walk, even if it is with the aid of a walker. She is so very important in my life.

I am trying to be better, I have missed having a log of my life, my online diary. I like that I can go backwards and see things I have made, things I have done. I want this for my family, too. I am trying to be better.

God bless. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: