Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Life is Good

       Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism;
                                           the way you play it is free will.

                                                   Jawaharal Nehru

I am just sitting waiting for my refrigerated medication to arrive UPS.  With plenty of spare time for a change, I decided to come show you my garden.  It is no secret I have MS.  I cannot have an in ground garden any more, but my hands itch to be in the dirt in the spring.  Two of my sage plants.  I love the smell and taste.  They turn out to be beautiful deck companions with shells and glass stones and marbles as mulch.
My second planting of "Bright Lights" Swiss Chard in an old galvanized bucket, a garage sale find last year.  It was old and beat up, a small hole in the bottom and only $1.  There is a short curled wire in the center that needs a hanging bobble.  Maybe I should go through my things to see if I have a single earring that could be attached.  I am thinking beads and a prizm
One of the corners of the deck.  I love herbs, I bet you couldn't tell.  I have had two large batches of basil harvested already, it looks like I can again tomorrow morning.  I have a back room at work that is cool and dry, the basil dries green there.  After this harvest, it will be time for pesto and butters.  The lavender in the tall bucket was a recent addition, and it is getting ready to reward me with blooms.
And now for one of my great loves. Rosemary, new this year. I lost two of my plants this winter.  They were my large mother plants.  My topiaries, all four, made it through, they are just beautiful, this is their second summer and I am hoping they round out and become more full this year.

My Granddaughter is my most valuable helper.  She is 7, and already she is very adept at watering.  She is always excited to get out there and work.  Think she will take after me?

Knitting next time.  My MS has taken many things from me, but I am always looking for ways around.  I can no longer hand quilt, due to m tremors, but I can and do knit.  It is wonderful physical therapy to keep my hands working.  I cannot garden large anymore, but with help, I can do it small.  With God's help, I will continue to be able to work.  Working is one of the reasons I have let the blog lapse.  I realize that is a shame.  The blog is a great journal for what I was able to do last year and it gives me ideas when I scroll back into my past. 

Thanks for stopping by and sharing my morning.

No comments: