Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Much To Be Thankful For

A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.
Helen Keller
We all have our challenges. It has been a grueling two months of MRIs, a spinal tap, evoked potentials, EMGs, nerve conductions, being poked and prodded and blood letted. We won't count the falling down and the light-headedness, the dragging my left leg. Switching one neurologist who was too busy for me to one who cares and who has a staff who is amazing. Yesterday it became official and definite. I am the first person in my family to suffer from MS. I am so thankful I am not in a wheelchair and that I will soon begin a medication regimen that will hopefully prevent that. I am thankful for a good Doctor and a good Neurologist. I am thankful my family loves me. I am thankful Bruce does. I am thankful Penny does and we will all get through this together. They are very accepting and supportive. Now, I need to learn to accept help, plenty hard for a control freak.
On a much brighter note...I got the best box in the whole world in the mail today....I think it came from a little slice of heaven. I know the best yarn dyer in the world and her daughter's helped. You just have to see what I got...you just have to. I will drag out my camera tomorrow and start taking pictures...just wait until you see......

No comments: