Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift. That is why they call it the present.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt was a woman before her time, an incredible inspiration. She is one of the people alive or dead that I would love to have lunch with, I consider her among my heroes. Happy New Year, Everybody!
The quilt top for my Brother-In-Law is together and ready for quilting. I am hoping he likes it as much as I do. I am thrilled to be getting one of his paintings.
These bowls are one of my latest thrift finds. They are Williams-Sonoma but they do not list the name of the pattern on the bottom. Maybe they didn't produce any pieces other than the bowls.
And today, one of my rosemary plants has blessed me with a blossom. Harbinger of the coming year? I hope so. I read a story years ago that Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus had been on the road for a very long time, running from those that would do them harm. They stopped beside a stream to rest and Mary washed their clothes and hung them over the bushes to dry. The bush she laid her blue robe on was a rosemary shrub. God blessed the plant with blue blossoms the shade of her robe.

No comments: