Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Moments

I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun.
~Katharine Hepburn
I did miss the flea market yesterday, I slept right through all of it. My daughter knows how much I adore hand thrown pottery and brought me home this little guy as a gift. It was made by an 8 year old for her Grandmother, she received an A in her art class for it. It is precious! I would never sell it. My daughter wants me to keep my small collection of stitch markers in it. I think that will be a perfect use.
Penny Rugs and More is one of my favorite blogs. Last week she added this wonderful pin cushion on her Etsy page, I quick snapped it up. She has others listed, too...take a look. Not only are they adorable, they are really functional. There is protection inside so you don't stab yourself.
She was very generous with me and sent along luscious wool pennies that were already cut. I played with them this afternoon, trying to decide how to use them. It was very soothing, I am a very tactile person.
I have purchased from her in the past. My sister and I both love the coin purses I bought. She sells plastic templates already to use on your own wool, which I did today, but not for as long as I would have liked. Maybe I will get a little more done and show you tomorrow. She has a tutorial on her blog for 3 stack pennies with a personal backing that is very informative.
Our blizzard came and went, with power flashing on and off. It left us better off than the news people led us to believe. I90 was closed for a while and conditions were bad, but we all came through what I am hoping was the last snow storm of the season. I made out better than most, I slept through it.
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

1 comment:

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

Your pennies look great! Aren't they fun to play with? My favourite thing in the world, "talking to wool". Well, okay maybe not, but it feels like it!

Take care, God Bless
Colleen