Saturday, April 4, 2009

Knitting Gusset Tip

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~Proverb

Just not quite yet. There is a blizzard forecasted for my part of South Dakota today and tomorrow, to begin early this afternoon. I intend to sleep through it. I was more sick than they originally thought and will be in bed for maybe another week. I am very pouty this morning. My daughter and granddaughter are on their way to the flea market....one of my favorite haunts. I just know I am missing out on treasures...I just know it. It is only on one weekend a month and I am missing this one. Darn darn and darn. Oh well, there is always next month.


On to gussets. Being of unsound mind and body (quite literally), I am forever forgetting which row I am knitting, the plain knit round or the decrease round. There are always interruptions....the phone, a child, the TV....you get my drift. I have to go back and count and try and decide which is next.... Now, each row I decrease, I hang the little stitch marker from my needle. If I get distracted, I know to check for the marker. It has really save me much time, maybe it will you, too...now. As always, the exquisite yarn is from Qutecowgirl as is the beautiful stitch marker.


Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

No comments: