Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Eve

Sometimes someone says something really
small, and it just fits right into this empty
place in your heart....
My So-Called Life
I have never had an orchid rebloom before. This one loves this window, the view is one I see everyday from my desk at work. The orchid makes the snow this time of year easier to cope with. That and the bunny that lives in the snow under the bush. Pictures of rabbit dropping may follow one day soon....
This luscious yarn is another from CastOffCastOnUK over on Etsy. These balls are the way she wound them for me. Aren't they just the cutest things? The labels are great, she even adds the care instructions from the label of the garment.
The little pink bubble depression glass bowl is a recent acquisition, it is just like one my Grandmother had. I got that one when she passed away, but promptly broke it on the way home. I have given one to my Daughter-in-Law since then, but this one is all mine. My Grandmother used to make salads in hers for lunch...sometimes with papaya.
My latest socks. The pretty yarn was dyed by Qutecowgirl, the tan looking yarn I dyed myself. I started with lime KoolAid and then gave it three baths in strong tea. I am pretty happy with the results.
Another Brandywine on the needles. This one is made from reclaimed alpaca, it is so soft you would not believe it. There were three skeins, almost 900 yds. Just enough for a larger version. I am betting it will be lovely blocked. I am very happy with it, so far.

A thrift find today. I am planning on stuffing it with Good Earth Decaf Green Tea bags. How's that for a little irony?
Thanks for stopping in and feel free to say Hi!
Lynn

No comments: