Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's Thursday Again

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.
We are home after a wonderful trip! I don't go home near often enough and have decided to win the lottery....right now! Wish me luck.

Bruce and I took a car trip out and it was uneventful until we were on the flip side coming home. Let me start with the fact Bruce had never heard the Emergency Broadcast System except as a test...ever in his long, long, long, (sorry Bruce) life, until he came to South Dakota a couple of years ago. A few tornadoes and severe thunderstorms later, I think he is was pretty much in a hurry to get the Heck out of Dodge, so to speak. This trip, he tried to get me to promise he wouldn't hear it again. Well, all was well until we crossed into Wyoming coming back. I laughed so hard when the emergency beacon came on the radio and we had to pull off in Sheridan for a while to let it blow over. Well, I had done this before, years ago, and discovered the neatest place...Crazy Woman Trading Company. It is still there! We had a ball, walking Main Street, looking at the sculptures and window shopping. Here is someone else intent on window shopping, in my parent's screen to their front door. And yes, he was really that big! About the size of a plum. I say he, but to be that curious, don't you think he had to be a she?

This hummingbird feeder is right outside my Mother's kitchen window. Bruce loves hummingbirds and they put on quite a show for him. There was always one or two at the feeder, although one male did not share well.
Well, I am fairly newly home with lots to do...like laundry and putting things away. I am hoping tomorrow to post pics of the socks I completed on the trip as well as the ones I started.

1 comment:

Qutecowgirl said...

=) I can not remember ever hearing a non test of the EBS. So I can just imagine how he reacts. I personally would go looking for a tornado but that is me.

and that is a HUGE bug!!!!!